Riesling, Ham and Brie Recipe
On the streets of Paris, vendors sell ham and Brie sandwiches like they sell hot dogs on the streets of New York. This version is jazzed up a bit with arugula and a mustard-honey dressing, but even still it evokes a French picnic. What better bottle of wine to complete the scene than a chilled bottle of LaCourette Riesling.
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 baguette
- 8 ounces thinly sliced ham
- 4 ounces Brie cheese, cut into 1/4 – inch slices
- 4 cups loosely packed arugula ( about 2 ounces )
1. In a small bowl, combine the mustard and honey. Set aside.
2. Trim the ends off the baguette. Cut crosswise into 4 lengths. Split each length horizontally, so it’ll open like a book. Gently fold each piece open.
3. Spread the mustard mixture on the bread, dividing it evenly. Arrange the ham, cheese, and arugula on top, dividing them evenly.
4. Press the bread tops down lightly, cut each sandwich in thirds, and serve. Serves 6.