The upfront nose of white pepper leads to a bright fruit on the tongue with smoky overtones. A finish that is light and refreshing completes this fine wine.
- Dry Red Wine
- Residual Sugar less than .2 %
Lemberger & Prosciutto Shrimp Appetizer
- 1 Teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3/4 Cup sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 8-12 Thin slices prosciutto, each slice cut lengthwise into 2-3 strips ( you should have at least 24 pieces )
- 24 Large raw, peeled shrimp ( about 1 pound )
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1. In a small bowl, whisk together smoked paprika, sour cream and lemon juice. Set aside.
2. Wrap a piece of prosciutto around each shrimp, from head to tail end. Set aside.
3. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil. Add shrimp in a single layer and cook until the prosciutto starts to crisp and the shrimp are just cooked through, 1-2 minutes per side. ( you may have to do this in batches )
4. Meanwhile, drizzle the sour cream mixture onto a platter or on to individual plates, dividing it evenly.
5. Arrange the shrimp on top of the sour cream mixture. Serve hot, with forks or toothpicks for spearing the shrimp.
Serve with LaCourette’s Lemberger and let the party begin !