Heads always turned when Ruby walked in the room. That woman could make anyone blush! Ruby’s wine is a bold, distinctive blend of Concord and Catawba, with a surprise touch of Peach. Turn your guests’ heads with Barjo Bons Ruby’s Rouge, the perfect sweet red wine for your next party! Bold, distinctive, … and pleasing – just like Ruby !
Speaking of pleasing – your favorite pizza is a perfect party pleaser with this wine. Of course, there’s nothing like a warm, savory pizza coming straight out of the oven to share with your friends.
- Sweet – Residual Sugar 4.2 %
- Pairs well with any style of pizza.
Ruby’s BLT Pizza
- 2 pre-packaged 9 inch pizza doughs – 2 teaspoons cornmeal – 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil – 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese – 1 cup crumbled, crisp cooked bacon – 1 to 2 roma (plum) tomatoes, sliced into 1/8-inch-thick rounds – 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce – 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. The 2 pizzas may be prepared simultaneously. Prepare the pizza pan by lightly brushing pan with olive oil and sprinkling with 1 teaspoon cornmeal.
3. Place pizza dough on pan.
4. Brush 1 tablespoon olive oil on the surface of pizza dough. Spread ¾ cup mozzarella over the oiled surface of pizza dough.
5. Distribute1/2 cup bacon on pizza over the cheese.
6. Place 8 to 9 tomatoes slices over the bacon, spaced about 1 inch apart.
7. Sprinkle an additional ¼ cup mozzarella over the tomatoes.
8. Transfer the pizza to the over; bake until the crust is crisp and golden and the cheese at the center is bubbly, 8 to 10 minutes.
9. Carefully remove the pizza from the oven and slice into 6 pieces.
10. Mix 2 tablespoons mayonnaise with 1 ½ cups chopped romaine.
11. Spread the dressed lettuce over the surface of the pizza.
12. Serve immediately with a bottle of Ruby’s Rouge!